The Château d'Auvers was constructed during the 17th century for an Italian banker of the suite of Marie de Médici.
BUILT IN 1635 by an Italian banker from the court of Marie de Medici, Zanobi Lioni, the castle of Auvers dominates the valley of the Oise and offers an exceptional panorama on this preserved landscape. Remodeled in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the various owners leave their mark on the field. The succession of terraces is reminiscent of the villas of the Italian Renaissance, while the classical style castle faces the boxwood embroidery of the French garden. The Nymphaeum, fountain covered with mosaics of shells, has been preserved.
IN 1890, THE CHÂTEAU INSPIRE VINCENT VAN GOGH a known painting, The Castle of Auvers at sunset.
In 1987, the Val d'Oise County Council acquired the entire site and renovated it entirely.